Hudson Martin PC is looking for an experienced estates and trust attorney with significant experience in estates and trusts. This role will involve supporting the existing estate planning and administration practice and serving in a leadership role. We seek an attorney who can immediately assist with significant trusts and estate work and assume responsibility in this very active practice. This is a leadership position that requires actual hard work and in-office oversight and attention to clients, staff and the practice.
Responsibilities and qualifications
- Experienced estate planning lawyer with broad experience, including complex estate, tax, wealth, and business succession planning
- Primary areas include estate and tax planning, including estate planning for mid to high net worth individuals and families, income tax, transfer tax and charitable planning, as well as pass-through entity (LLCs and LPs) and business succession planning
- Drafting of both basic and sophisticated estate planning documents, including income and estate tax planning documents, irrevocable trusts, and business planning documents
- Counseling fiduciaries in estate and trust settlement and administration
Experience and skills
- Juris Doctorate
- Admission to the California Bar
- 7+ years of estate planning experience
- CPA/LLM in tax preferred, but not required
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated client relationship skills, including the ability to lead in-person client meetings
Compensation package. Depending on experience level, $250,000 – $325,000.
Location: Carmel, California. A traditional in-office position supporting a long time significant local practice.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.